Fruit Tart

This delicious dessert has been a part of my family's Easter celebration for as long as I can remember. My mom would wake up on Easter Sunday and begin the last-minute baking. When I had my first Easter away from home, I knew I wanted to carry on the tradition (I'd also like to add that while this was a typical holiday dessert for us, this is also a perfect treat in the spring and summer. I made this for a friend's baby shower one time). While this is somewhat time consuming, it's very easy to prepare, and I always had fun decorating the tart with the different kinds of fruit.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 sticks of butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup whipping cream
2 T cornstarch
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1 pkg vanilla chips, melted
3 T sugar
1 pkg cream cheese, softened
1 pint strawberries, sliced
2 kiwis, sliced (optional)
1 can mandarin oranges, drained
1 can pineapple chunks, drained (reserve liquid)

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees
2. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and powdered sugar. Slowly add flour; mix well.
3. Press into ungreased 11-inch tart pan with sides.
4. Bake 25-30 minutes, then cool.
5. In a mixing bowl, beat vanilla chips and cream.
6. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth.
7. After the cream cheese is blended into the mixture, it should look like this:
8. Spread over crust, wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
9. Decorate with fruit.
10. In saucepan, add sugar, cornstarch, lemon juice, and reserved pineapple juice. Bring to a boil.
11. Brush over fruit, and chill for two hours.

Comments

Popular Posts