White Bean and Sausage Stew
Source: All You, October 2006
- 6 (3 oz.) Italian sausages
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2 (15 oz.) cans white beans (Great Northern or navy), rinsed and drained
- 1 (28 oz.) can chopped tomatoes, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 tsp. dried thyme
- S alt and pepper
1. Poke holes in sausages and put in a large nonstick skillet.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring often, about 3 minutes.
Remove sausages; slice thickly. Season beans with salt and pepper. Return sausage to stew. (Stew can be kept, frozen and tightly sealed, for up to 1 month.)