Mexican Chicken Casserole
Source: Cooking Light, December 1998
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 2 (4.5-ounce) cans chopped green chiles, divided
- 1 3/4 pounds skinned, boned chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup (2 ounces) tub-style light cream cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 ounce tortilla chips, crushed (about 6 chips)
1. Combine broth and 1 can of chiles in a large skillet; bring to a boil.
3. Remove chicken from cooking liquid, reserving cooking liquid; cool chicken.
5. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 can of chiles and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until soft.