12 Days of Treats! Day One-Chocolate Cheesecake Candy Cane Bars
I decided to make this cheesecake recipe first, since I happened to have all of the ingredients on hand (trust me, this never happens! I am famous for having to make an emergency run to the grocery store when I'm in the middle of a recipe!). Even though an 8-inch square pan of cheesecake doesn't seem like a lot, trust me you will have more than enough. These little bars are extremely rich, and if you're talented enough to cut them into small pieces without destroying the crust-I'm not, for the record-you will have very satisfied family members, friends, co-workers, and neighbors.
Let the Christmas baking extravaganza commence!!
Source: Food Network
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coffee beans
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light or dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons sour cream, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crushed candy canes (see Cooks Note)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8-inch square baking dish with foil.
2. For the crust: Process the chocolate wafers in a food processor with the butter, sugar, coffee, and salt until fine.
3. Evenly press the crust into the prepared dish covering the bottom completely. Bake until the crust sets, about 15 minutes.
Cook's Note: To crush the candy canes, remove wrappers and place in a resealable plastic bag. Use a rolling pin to roll and break the candy up into small pieces, about 1/4 inch or so.