That's a spicy calzone!!
Source: Food Network
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 1 (13 to 16-ounce) ball pizza dough
- Cornmeal, for dusting
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded provolone cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1 (4-ounce) salami, diced into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 jarred roasted red bell peppers, drained and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 egg, beaten
1. Put an oven rack in the center of the oven. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. On a lightly floured work surface, roll out the dough into a 13-inch diameter circle, about 1/4-inch thick. Transfer the dough to a heavy baking sheet dusted with cornmeal.
cheese mixture on 1 side of the dough leaving a 1-inch border (clearly, this did not work out so well for me. Do the best you can, but if it's not perfect don't worry. As long as you can close the sides without the filling escaping it will be just fine).
pastry brush, lightly brush the edges of the dough with the beaten egg.
6. Drizzle with olive oil.
calzone into slices and serve with warm marinara sauce, if desired.