Chicken Scallopine with Sage and Fontina Cheese
Source: Food Network
- 6 (4 1/2 to 5 1/2-ounce) chicken cutlets, pounded thin
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sage leaves
- 3 ounces grated fontina cheese
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (28-ounce) can whole San Marzano tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Special Equipment: toothpicks
1. Place the chicken cutlets on a clean work surface, narrow end facing you. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
blender and blend until smooth.
simmer until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.