Peanut Butter Cup Cookies

I felt really sorry for Will this week, as he's had to stay late every day since Monday. I thought that there might be something I could do to make his week more bearable...oh hell, who am I kidding? I saw these cookies on Elizabeth's blog and I couldn't wait to make them! Talk about the perfect cookie for the month of October. I've always had a weakness for Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, and Will is just as guilty.

It just hit me a few days ago that in less than 12 weeks, we're going to have a baby. I know, it's a little late in the game to start worrying about how our lifestyle is going to change, the sleepless nights, how our dog is going to adjust to no longer being "the baby," etc. However, one thing that I realized (out of the blue) is that once our little one gets here, I'm not going to have a whole heck of a lot of time to whip up a batch of cookies in the afternoon, or plan a gourmet dinner for the upcoming weekend. So I've been going a little overboard lately on my recipe searches, trying to make all of the things I've been wanting to try before Christmas. Oh, I would also like to add that this recipe is a celebration of me passing my 1-hour glucose exam! I'm not sure it's doctor-approved, but what kind of pregnant lady would I be if I didn't include a cookie recipe on my blog every now and then?
Originally found on Elizabeth's Edible Experience
Source: Real Simple October 2009

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • large egg
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 12-ounce package small peanut butter cups, coarsely chopped
Directions:

1. Heat oven to 375° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugars until creamy.
3. Add the egg and vanilla and beat to combine. It should look like this, kind of like soupy peanut butter.
4. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated.
6. Fold in the peanut butter cups.
7. Drop tablespoon-size mounds of dough 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets.
8. Bake until light brown around the edges, 12 to 15 minutes. Transfer to a baking rack to cool.

Comments

Popular Posts