Don't Jerk Me Around!
Source: All Recipes
- 1 teaspoon onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 habanero pepper, sliced
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1 inch strips
1. Combine the onion, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, thyme, sesame oil, garlic, allspice and habanero pepper in the container of a food processor or blender. Process until smooth.*Side note: Don't worry too much about chopping the garlic, onion, thyme, garlic, and habanero pepper in advance. Your food processor will do most of that for you.
2. Cut chicken into 1-inch strips.
3. Place the chicken into a large resealable bag, and pour in 3/4 of the sauce. Squeeze out excess air, and seal. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
4. Preheat your oven's broiler.*Or if you choose to do what I did, place a large skillet on your stovetop and heat about a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil over medium-high heat. Saute the chicken for about 6-8 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve hot.
5. Remove chicken from bag, and discard marinade. Broil chicken for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once to ensure even cooking. Heat remaining sauce in a small pan, and pour over chicken when serving.