Sweet Potato Waffles

I have to admit, I feel a little ridiculous making a post about these sweet potato waffles, since I didn't actually MAKE the mix-I just followed the directions on the bag. However, because of this particular mix I am now a sweet potato convert. I never really cared for sweet potatoes growing up; I always shunned them at Thanksgiving, and even when I went to Louisiana for the first time to meet Will's family, I was reluctant to give them a fair chance during a family meal. However, my mom found this mix in (please correct me if I'm wrong, Mom) Door County, WI and she served sweet potato pancakes for breakfast one morning. I thought I had died and gone to sweet potato heaven. Unfortunately, this mix isn't very easy to find, but in the words of Ferris Bueller, "It is so choice. If you have the means, I highly suggest picking one up." I promise, your weekend brunches will never be the same again!
(Can be used for pancakes, waffles, drop cookies, and muffins).

Comments

Popular Posts