Scalloped potatoes and ham
8 peeled, sliced raw potatoes
4 cups cubed ham
1 large yellow onion, sliced
2 cans (I used lowfat) cream of mushroom soup
2 cups milk (I used 1%)
pepper to taste. Do not use salt!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Butter a large casserole dish
3. Layer half of the sliced potatoes, pepper, ham and onion, then add one can of soup. Repeat.
4. Add both cups of milk over the top of the whole thing, cover with tinfoil, and bake for one hour.
5. Remove cover-if potatoes look too soupy, don't worry, you will finish baking with the cover off and that will reduce the liquid, and the top will be browned and crusty. If the potatoes look too dry when you remove the casserole dish from the oven, add a little milk.
6. Bake for another 1/2 hour.