Lemon Chicken

Since becoming pregnant, I've worked very hard to avoid falling into the "oh I'm eating for two!" trap, because I really don't relish having to lose 40+ lbs after I delivery the baby. I allow myself one unhealthy day a week where I can indulge my cravings, guilt free. After that, it's back to the healthy grindstone. Luckily, I grew up with a mom who not only cooked healthy food, but created such delicious recipes my brother and I rarely knew how healthy they were. This lemon chicken recipe is one of my favorites. It's SO flavorful, and it's the perfect chicken dish to serve with veggies and rice on the days you want to watch your waistline.

Ingredients:

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
flour
4 T unsalted butter
4 T olive oil
3/4 cup dry white wine
juice from 1 lemon
1-2 T lemon zest
1/2 cup lowfat sour cream
salt and pepper to taste

Directions:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter and oil in a skillet on over medium-high heat.

2. Dredge chicken in the flour, and add salt and pepper. Brown chicken in skillet, about 6-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken from skillet and place in a casserole dish.

3. Turn up the heat in the pan, and add wine, lemon juice, and lemon zest. Deglaze the pan.

4. Turn down the heat after the pan is deglazed, and stir in the sour cream. Mix well.

5. Pour over the chicken and bake for 20 minutes (covered). Serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts