Ramen Crunch Salad

I know, I know. Ramen noodles? My first thought was "blech!!" After spending four years in a college dorm and then seeing how my then-boyfriend, now-husband used to eat in his Army barrack days, I usually want to run screaming into the night whenever I catch sight of the following: ramen noodles, Hamburger Helper, Kraft mac 'n cheese, etc. However, my mom got this recipe years ago from a co-worker, and she tends to make it once or twice every summer. Once I got over my initial squeamishness about consuming uncooked ramen noodles, I found I really looked forward to this dish. If you're looking for something to bring to a picnic, party, or just want an easy side to serve with dinner, you've found it with this salad. It's ridiculously easy to make, and you won't need to be rolled out of the room after eating it. Perfect for summer!

Ingredients:

2 pkgs Ramen noodles (beef)
1 pkg broccoli coleslaw
1 cup sunflower seeds (no shells)
1 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup chopped green onion

Dressing

3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup wine vinegar
2 flavor packets from ramen noodles
2 T soy sauce (optional)

Directions

Saute almonds in frying pan (use a little butter). Mix coleslaw, sunflower seeds, almonds, and onion. Break up ramen noodles and add dressing just before serving to ensure crunchiness.

Comments

  1. i adore this salad! yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum yum! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts