Maria Menounos' Mykonos Burger

I did the unthinkable-I gave up pasta for Lent. You can ask me why; I did it because although giving up sweets last year was tough, it was manageable. This year, I'm going crazy. I never realized how much pasta Will and I ate every month until I gave it up completely (which is really kind of depressing, I know). So while I'm counting down the days until I can indulge in my beloved penne alla vodka again, I'm actually having a lot of fun trying out new pasta-less recipes. Since I'm giving up my main source of carbs, I'm trying to eat a little healthier as well. Since I love Greek food so much, I thought I would try and give my delicious burgers a healthy twist. I found this recipe on My Recipes and it turned out perfectly. I served it with a side of sweet potato fries, which may very well become a new addiction of mine. Don't be afraid to use a lot of extra seasoning with these burgers (I used all-purpose Greek seasoning and extra Worchestshire sauce), because as I've mentioned in some previous posts, ground turkey breast is fairly bland.
Source: My Recipes via Health

Ingredients

  • 1/3  cup  chopped fresh parsley
  • 1  pound  lean ground turkey
  • 3/4  teaspoon  freshly ground black pepper
  • 1/2  teaspoon  salt
  • 1  tablespoon  Worcestershire sauce
  • 1  tablespoon  Dijon mustard
  • 1/2  teaspoon  garlic powder
  • 1 3/4  ounces  crumbled feta cheese
  • 4  (1/4-inch thick) slices red onion
  • 4  whole-wheat hamburger buns, toasted

Preparation

1. In a medium bowl, mix first 8 ingredients (through feta). Use an ice cream scoop or 1/2-cup measure to make equal-size patties.
2. Broil for 5–6 minutes on each side or until done.
3. Place burger on bottom half of bun. Top with onion slices and a Dijon-and-ketchup mixture (a trick for cutting sugar from your diet), if desired; garnish with parsley, if desired. Cover with top half of bun.

Comments

Popular Posts