Source: Cooking Light
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 5 teaspoons green hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 (19-ounce) can cannellini beans or other white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions (about 1)
- Lime wedges (optional)
Preparation1. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onion and garlic to pan; cook 5 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add broth, hot pepper sauce, salt, and chicken to pan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes. Remove chicken from broth mixture; cool.
2. Add cornmeal and beans to broth mixture, stirring with a whisk; simmer 15 minutes. Mash about 1/4 cup beans against side of pan. Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Add chicken to pan; simmer 5 minutes or until mixture thickens, stirring frequently. Top each serving with yogurt; sprinkle with green onions. Serve with lime wedges, if desired.