Chewy Coconut Cookies

About a year ago, I was browsing through my favorite online recipe sites for new cookie ideas. When I worked at the bank, I liked to bring in treats every now and then for my co-workers, just as kind of a pick-me-up. While I know no self-respecting bank employee would ever turn down regular chocolate chip cookies, I wanted to try something a little different. Also, I wanted to find a recipe that didn't involve me hopping into my car and driving to the commissary at 8 on a Wednesday night. Well, I found this recipe on www.allrecipes.com, and I've made it about a dozen times since then. These cookies are delicious, and even non-coconut lovers will tell you that they keep going back for more. The best part is, you don't even have to chill the dough like you would for most other cookie recipes.
Source: All Recipes

Ingredients

  • 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup white sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/3 cups flaked coconut

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C.) Combine the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
  2. In a medium bowl, cream the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and vanilla until light and fluffy. Gradually blend in the flour mixture, then mix in the coconut. Drop dough by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Cookies should be about 3 inches apart.
  3. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until lightly toasted. Cool on wire racks.

Comments

Popular Posts