Chocolate Raspberry Torte


I will be the first to admit I'm not a fan of Sandra Lee on the Food Network. I think it's ridiculous that she gets her own TV show for "70% ready made, 30% fresh ingredients, YOU take 100% of the credit!" Ugh. Not to mention it creeps me out that her kitchen always matches her outfit du jour. In a way it kind of pains me to post this recipe, but it could very easily have come from Sandra Lee's show (it didn't-my mom has been making this dessert for as long as I can remember). It's ridiculously easy, and all of my friends request it when I volunteer to bring a dessert to a work luncheon, informal get-together, etc. The reason I made it last week is because I was visiting my wonderful friends James and Maureen in Bavaria. Maureen is eight months pregnant with their second child, and when I offered to bring a special treat she requested the torte. One of the best things about this dish is that you can make in pretty much whatever pan you want. I prefer my 9-inch cake pan, but it's totally up to you.

Ingredients:

1 box brownie mix (I'm partial to Hershey's)
1 small box raspberry jello
1 pkg Philadelphia cream cheese
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

Directions:

1. Preheat oven according to the directions on the box.
2. Prepare the brownie mix (with the water, eggs, vegetable oil) and add the raspberry jello to the mix. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, add the cream cheese and the jam. Mix well.
4. Grease a cake pan of your choice, and add half of the brownie mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture in splotches around the pan, then cover with the rest of the brownie mix.
5. Cook according to the directions on the box, and add an extra 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.

Comments

Popular Posts