Herbes de Provence roasted chicken



I have a new toy! I have a new toy!!

I recently purchased the Cuisinart Electric Rotisserie, and I am proud to report I am absolutely hooked. I love the rotisserie chickens you can purchase at the grocery store, but they aren't always the healthiest. What I love about this product is the little drip pan at the bottom that collects the fat, so I can indulge guilt-free. Not to mention, this handy device can also be used to roast fish, pot roasts, vegetables, etc.

I found this recipe on www.williamssonoma.com (love the store, and I definitely love their recipes!) and I tried it immediately. Not only was it incredibly easy to prepare, but the flavor of the herbes de provence and lemon was phenomenal. Will planned to take leftovers to work the next day; unfortunately both of us finished the chicken off the night I made it.

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbs. unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2 to 3 tsp. herbes de Provence
  • Zest of 1 lemon
  • 2 tsp. sea salt
  • 1 tsp. freshly ground pepper
  • 1 chicken, 3 to 4 lb.
Directions:

1. In a small bowl, stir together the butter, herbes de Provence, lemon zest, salt and pepper.

2. Gently slide your fingers under the breast of the chicken to loosen the skin, being careful not to tear it. Rub some of the herbes de Provence mixture underneath the skin and the rest on the outside of the chicken. Using kitchen twine, tie the wings behind the back and truss the legs together.

3. Place the chicken upright, with the legs pointing down, on the roasting rack of an electric rotisserie according to the manufacturer's instructions. Set the roasting rack inside the drip tray, then transfer to the rotisserie. Roast at 400°F according to the manufacturer's instructions until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast, away from the bone, registers 160°F and the thigh registers 170°F, about 55 minutes.

4. Remove the chicken from the rotisserie and lift it off the roasting rack. Place the chicken on a carving board, cover loosely with aluminum foil and let rest for 10 minutes. Carve the chicken, arrange on a warmed platter and serve immediately. Serves 4.

Comments

Popular Posts