Feta Cheese Triangles

I absolutely adore Greek food, although I don't make it often (that and I have an abnormal fear of puff pastry sheets). I'm not saying this wasn't difficult, but after a slight skirmish with the dough I got everything under control. I made these about 3 hours ahead of time and popped them in the oven right before our guests arrived. They were gone by the end of the night, so if you're looking for a crowd-pleasing appetizer to make for a party, these are it!

link to recipe



Ingredients:
  • 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped green onions (I used white onion)
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 1 (17.5 ounce) package frozen puff pastry, thawed
  • 1 egg yolk, beaten with 1 teaspoon water
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
  2. In a small bowl, blend feta cheese, green onions, and egg. Cut pastry into 12 (3 inch) squares. Place a mounded tablespoon of feta mixture in the center of each square. Moisten edges with water, and fold pastry over filling to form a triangle. Press edges together firmly with a fork to seal. Lightly brush pastries with the egg yolk mixture.
  3. Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Comments

Popular Posts