Fall Chili


Halloween has always been a big event in our home, mainly because my birthday falls on Halloween and I think my parents always viewed that as killing two birds with one stone. :) Every year when it was time for trick-or-treating in our village, my mom would make a big pot of this chili and random family members would stop by our house throughout the day. As a result, I rarely make this dish any other time of the year.

Happy Halloween, everyone!

Ingredients:

2 lbs ground beef
1 onion
1 pkg Lipton Onion Soup mix
1 15-oz can dark red kidney beans
1 small can beef broth
1 small can tomato paste
1 28-oz can diced tomatoes
3 T garlic powder
3 T chili powder
salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

1. In a large pot, brown the ground beef and the onion together over medium high heat. Drain, and turn the heat down to low.

2. Add all the other ingredients to the pot, stir well. Let simmer over low heat for 2 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste.

3. Serve hot, and garnish with either saltine crackers or tortilla chips and shredded cheese.

Comments

  1. Mmm. I will definitely have to try this recipe for chili...because the last time I made chili it kind of tasted like hamburger in ketchup!

    :]

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts