Angel hair pasta with cilantro and feta


I absolutely love making this dish, because it's one of the easiest recipes I have. It's definitely a crowd-pleaser, it's cheap, and while it's not the healthiest dish in the world, I don't feel like an Oompa Loompa after eating it. :) I passed this recipe on to a couple of my friends some years back, and occasionally they substitute sun-dried tomatoes for real ones. I say use whatever makes you happy, although I confess I'm not a huge sun-dried tomato fan.

Ingredients:

1 lb angel hair pasta
2 small vine tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
about 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
1 cup shredded Parmigiano Reggiano
salt and coarsely ground black pepper, to taste
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced

Directions:

1. Boil and salt a large pot of water. Add pasta, cook for about 4 minutes. Drain, and put in a large bowl.

2. Add all the ingredients to the pasta bowl, and mix VERY well. (The cheeses tend to stick to the bottom of the bowl if the pasta isn't mixed well). Serve immediately.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts