Mexican Night




I got this recipe for Slow Cooker Pork on www.allrecipes.com by 2obies. It was perfect; I had the day off yesterday, so I put the pork in my slow cooker at 10:00, and it was ready by 6:00. It took me about 15 minutes to shred the pork, then I just put together a "taco bar" and dinner was ready. Naturally, I had to make my mom's famous margaritas. ;)

Slow Cooker Pork

Ingredients:

3 lbs pork shoulder
2 (1 oz) packages taco seasoning
red pepper flakes (optional)
chili powder (optional)

Directions:

1. Place pork in the slow cooker with taco seasoning. Add red pepper flakes and chili powder if desired, then cover and cook on low for 8 hours.

2. Remove pork shoulder from pot and shred. Serve with tortillas, shredded lettuce, sour cream, shredded cheese, salsa, guacamole, etc.

Mama's Margaritas (makes 2)

Ingredients:

1 cup tequila
1 cup Rose's Lime juice
1/2 cup Triple Sec
lime wedges and margarita salt (optional)

Directions:

1. Put margarita glasses in freezer for a few minutes to chill.
2. Put a large amount of ice in blender, then add tequila, lime juice and triple sec. Blend until the ice is completely crushed, then pour into chilled margarita glasses. Garnish with lime wedge.

Comments

Popular Posts