Giada's Salmon baked in Foil



Will had to do a mission in Istanbul a few weeks ago, and I decided to cook a few of "my" favorite foods while he was gone (translation: seafood. I love it and Will can't stomach it). About two years ago, I was watching Everyday Italian on the Food Network and Giada was making her salmon fillets wrapped in foil. I LOVE salmon, and I've been trying to eat healthier lately, so I gave it a shot. The flavor was phenomenal, the chopped tomatoes weren't too mushy, and the salmon was cooked to perfection. I highly recommend this recipe for anyone who enjoys seafood.

Ingredients:

4 (5 oz each) salmon fillets
2 tsp plus 2 T extra virgin olive oil
salt and freshly ground black pepper
3 plum tomatoes, chopped
2 chopped shallots
2 T fresh lemon juice
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried thyme

Directions:

1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
2. Sprinkle salmon with 2 tsp olive oil, salt and pepper. Stir the tomatoes, shallots, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, and 2 T olive oil in a medium bowl to blend.
3. Place a salmon fillet, oiled side down, on a piece of foil. Wrap the ends of the foil to form a spiral shape. Spoon the tomato mixture over the salmon. Fold the sides of the foil over the fish and tomato mixture, covering completely, and seal the packets closed.
4. Place the foil on a heavy large baking sheet. Repeat with the remaining salmon fillets.
5. Bake until the salmon is cooked through, about 25 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer the foil-wrapped fillets to plates and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts