Sugared Pecans




One of my favorite things about the festivals in Milwaukee during the summer is FOOD!!! Without fail, every fest I attend has a stand with these delicious sugar-encrusted nuts that I have grown to love. I wanted to re-create them as best as possible for a Thanksgiving appetizer, and I think I did a pretty good job. Will ended up taking the leftovers in to work with him, so they wouldn't be sitting on our kitchen table tempting us!
link to recipe

Ingredients:

1 egg white
1 T water
1 lb pecan halves
1 cup white sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F (120 degrees C). Grease one baking sheet.
  2. In a mixing bowl, whip together the egg white and water until frothy. In a separate bowl, mix together sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
  3. Add pecans to egg whites, stir to coat the nuts evenly. Remove the nuts, and toss them in the sugar mixture until coated. Spread the nuts out on the prepared baking sheet.
  4. Bake at 250 degrees F (120 degrees C) for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes.

Comments

Popular Posts